The Leger des Heils was largely established by a Dutch teacher, Gerrit Govaars, who together with the English officers Captain and Mrs Joseph K. Tyler, commenced Army work in the Gerard Doustraat, Amsterdam, on 8 May, 1887.
The organisation spread rapidly through Holland and into the various Dutch-speaking territories. Operations soon spread throughout the country and reached the 'Dutch East Indies' (present day Indonesia) in 1894. Further advances were made in 1926 in Surinam and in 1927 in Curaçao.
Lighted Interior Scene
Battery Operated, not included